As we approach the one-year anniversary of the launch of Facebook’s Instant Articles, and more publishers look to off-platform distribution to find their audiences through Facebook, Google AMP, Apple News, Snapchat and beyond, what impact have we seen? How are publishers adapting to the new reality? An expert panel, moderated by Emily Bell (Director, Tow Knight Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia University) shares its experience and insight into how this new relationship is changing newsrooms and business models.
- Samantha Barry (Head of Social Media and Sr. Director of Strategy, CNN)
- Emily Bell (Director, Tow Center for Digital Journalism at Columbia University), Moderator
- Allison Lucas (General Counsel, BuzzFeed)
- Choire Sicha (Director of Partner Platforms, Vox Media)
- Carla Zanoni (Executive Emerging Media Editor, Audience Development, Wall Street Journal)